The purpose of this 40 hour ASSE 15010 Field Technician Certification, a part of the 15000 series, is to recognize qualified individuals who are equipped and prepared to ensure a swift and thorough field response (ITM) in accordance with the minimum expectations of NFPA guidelines.
The goal of the course is to promote best practices in the field from legal obligations to practical knowledge. Fire University seeks to guide field technicians through the process of theory and hands-on instruction.
The trainee will begin the course by reviewing the use of a code book. This skill will assist the trainee throughout the course and in the field, daily. The course will cover required student texts NFPA 13, NFPA 14, NFPA 20, NFPA 11, NFPA 22, and NFPA 25. These texts are the standards of excellence for field technician performance in the field. The course will end with the trainee performing a series of tests on multiple system types and pumps, along with the analysis of test results.
At the conclusion of this course trainees will...
- Be able to navigate and decipher the language within the updated version of NFPA 25
- Have the updated knowledge to carry out successful inspection, testing and maintenance (ITM) in the field
- Have the ability to locate, interpret, and correctly apply the requirements of NFPA 13
- Understand the basic requirements for successful sprinkler installation
- have a practical knowledge of the updated requirements for NFPA 20 and 22
- understand how NFPA 20 and NFPA 25 cross reference one another and how to successfully apply this knowledge in the field
- Have an updated knowledge of fire pumps and water tanks in all applications.
- Will have the basic skills to navigate NFPA 11, NFPA 14, NFPA 20 and NFPA 22
Registration Deadline: August 2, 2023 by 4pm
Please read the following statement before registering. Once you have registered, a form will be emailed within 48 hours for you to confirm your eligibility for the course.
Certification to Standard 15010 for Field Technicians is available only to individuals who have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the fire protection industry. The experience must include a minimum of three (3) years of inspection, testing and maintenance of fire protection systems the remaining two (2) years is permitted to include either design or installation of fire protection systems.
The course is an eighty (80) hour training course. Up to forty (40) hours must come from previous documented related training. Certification shall include successfully passing a written and practical exam as per the requirements of Standard 15010.
Fire University reviews each field technician’s application for completeness and verifies the work and education history provided.
***All code books are included in registration fee
- Class begins at 8am and ends at 4pm each day. Please be on time.
- The practical assessment (pass/fail) will take place during the week and the 5-hour written exam will take place on the final day (once you have completed the written exam, you are free to leave).
- You must receive a minimum of 75% or better to pass the written exam.
- Turnaround time for receiving your exam scores and certificates (passing candidates only) is 30 days.
- Code books will be received during the first day of class.
- Please arrive with tabs and highlighters to label and tab your code books.
Please view our refund policy.