The purpose of this two-day workshop is to train the Fire Pump Technician using a combination of theory and hands-on applications. Trainees will review the technical aspects of fire pumps, which will prepare them for the practical disassembly, service, and reassembly of multiple types of fire pumps.
Steven Brown - Steven Brown and Associates
Nick Mercante - Steven Brown and Associates
At the conclusion of this workshop, trainees will...
- Have a refreshed awareness of a pump room, the equipment found within, and the safety equipment and procedures required
- Understand the types of fire pumps and controllers found in the field and how they operate together
- Have reviewed definitions and components of fire pumps
- Be able to discuss the differences between electric and diesel fire pumps
- Have a working ability to disassemble, service and reassemble multiple types of fire pumps
- Have reviewed the multiple types of fire pump tests that may be performed in the field
- Have a basic understanding of how NFPA 20 and 25 apply to their daily work
- Trainees will also be assessed using formative and summative assessments
Registrants must be prepared to sign a liability waiver on the first day of the workshop.
Registrants must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
Those that attend the course must come dressed to work in a workshop setting. Work shirt, work pants, toe protected work boots, safety glasses and work gloves are required.
Lunch will be catered both days of this workshop.